Go CV privacy notice
Coventry City Council (CCC) Privacy Notice for Go CV
Coventry City Council Complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with registration number 26007528 as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to Go CV
We use this information to:
- Provide you with appropriate discount levels at various Coventry attractions
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns
- For marketing and the administration of services on behalf of our partners
- For the prevention and detection of crime. The link to the National Fraud Initiative can be found here
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and hold the following personal data:
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details
- Benefit entitlement
- Relationships (other users within their family)
- Facilities visited at Go CV affiliated venues
Who we share your personal Data with
We will share your data with external organisations when the law says we have to. In addition to this, we will share your data with the following organisations to process personal data:
- Coventry Sports Foundation (CV Life) whom will be joint controller of such information
- Programus Limited (may also be known as bubltown) whom will be joint controller of such information relating to the Go CV digital platform / app
- Culture Coventry Trust (CV Life) whom will be processor of such information
- EnV (Coventry) C.I.C. whom will be processor of such information
- Coventry City Council Internal Services will be processor of such information
- Granicus as a processor, for the purpose of marketing and administration
Coventry City Council only employs organisations that comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. These organisations are audited to ensure compliance.
How long will we keep your information?
|Type of data||Purpose||Legal Basis||Retention period|
|Marketing email list||Sending newsletters||Consent||For as long as consent is valid|
|Event registrations/ Usage||Administration of GoCV/CVLife scheme||Consent||For as long as consent is valid|
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
Profiling and Automated Decision making
Profiling of personal data may be carried out in line with GDPR, Article 22 and will only take place using what an individual has told us. Individuals have the right to object to this process at any time and should do so by contacting Coventry City Council via the below contact details.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Withdraw your consent
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Withdrawal of Consent
Where personal data is processed based on consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
To exercise any of these rights please contact: GoCV@coventry.gov.uk
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
Data Protection Team
Coventry City Council
The Council House
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office,
Date of last review: September 2022